http://jaarb.blogspot.com/2013/02/pride-and-prejudice.html
For this blog review week, I read Terri's recent post about the old time classic of "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen. Although I never read the book, Terri's post gave me a decent overview of the basic plot and character makeup of the book. I thought she kept her opinions well state while giving interesting information about the book. For example, she gave many examples of names of characters, then she made some sort of connection between her and the character. However, she doesn't only talk about the book itself. She also points out sophisticated themes that she perceived in the book. A good example of this is the theme of love that she points out. She explains that it's a very difficult phenomenon to understand for anybody however it takes time to develop and explain. She mentions too that the book did a good job of doing so, and I can't say I don't agree considering that when I think of "Pride and Prejudice," I think of a story of love and that book being one of the best romance novels of all time. Not every book gets a movie adaptation, and according to Terri, P&P sounds very worth of one.
Alright, although I liked Terri's post, I also have some constructive criticism for her future posts. Having read through 2-3 of her posts already, I believe that this one might've been a bit short. I think there could've been a bit more elaboration in a few places. Also, some of the things she said may have been a bit repetetive, however not too much to disrupt the flow of the post. There was also a bit of no real conclusion to the post, she ended the post on an idea and I thought at one point she was going to sum up the whole book. I thought that would've been appropriate and really good because she brought up a lot of great ideas.
Overall, I thought Terri's post was good, but a little more elaboration and a conclusion could've made it even better. She made a lot of great connections and made me think about things I never really commit to thought, let alone relevance. However, bringing all these ideas together in a conclusion would've made a large difference for the better. It's not bad at all that she didn't have it, it would've made me feel a bit jealous though, but in a good way. Good job Terri!
No comments:
Post a Comment