Thursday, April 25, 2013

The Jordan Rules

     Recently, I finished the book "The Jordan Rules," by Sam Smith. From it, I learned several things that I not only didnt know about the Chicago Bulls, I also learned about specific things that occur throughout the league itself. To be completely honest, it changed the way I thought of a lot of things about the NBA and its legends. For example, although most great players are portrayed as ideal role models, several players had particular qualities about them that made them hard to deal with at times. I believe that Sam Smith sought out to  inform us of these kinds of things throughout the book so  at the end we could conclude and see how things compare to our expectations and inferences.
     Michael Jordan was the best player to play the game. He started his career in the early eighties and from the on skyrocketed. However, the road to greatness for him and the Bulls was very rough and tougher than most people know.  For example, Jordan received a lot of critiscm for the number of shots he constantly took, some games completely relying on him shooting an unfundamental amount of shots. However, it was severely exaggerated as Michael had been an underrated passer, who liked to penetrate and the pass out the ball to open men.  Another unknown aspect of the NBA is the true advantage of playing on your home court. For example, game balls are either overly or underly pumpmed with air, according to the preference of the home team. Magic Johnson used to prefer a high dribble, so the Lakers always pumped their balls up to 11-17 pounds of air.

No comments:

Post a Comment